Meet our lovely German Shepherd Dog, Frankie. She is approximately 4 years of age and has come into branch care to find a new home.
She needs someone who understands her breed, preferably someone who has had Shepherds previously, and a home where she won’t be left for long.
She would like to be the only dog in the family and where she will be taken to dog school where we are sure she will soon be the star pupil.
A family with older children (secondary school age or older) or an adult only home.
If you would like to meet Frankie please telephone Pat on 07811404346
Dog Adoption FAQs
- Can I come and visit the dogs? We don’t have a ‘walk around’ centre so you will need to call or email us to let us know which dog you are interested in. Find the contact details for adoption on the right of this page.
- I’ve seen the dog I want, what next? Have a read of our adoption process for useful information and to make sure adopting a branch animal is right for you. Then get in touch to arrange to meet the dog you are interested in
- What is the adoption fee? The cost for adoption is from £150 for adult dogs and from £275 for puppies under 8 months of age, see the table above for what this includes.
- Where do you keep the dogs in branch care? Some dogs are fostered in various homes around Tameside and Glossop and others are in private boarding kennels.
- Can I make a financial donation to help branch dogs? Yes, you can donate directly to the branch by cheque or postal order, please send an email and we will gladly send you the correct address to send this type of donation to, or by cash at one of our collection days.
Good to know…
The branch will not rehome RSPCA dogs as guard dogs, thieves these days won’t hesitate to hurt a dog – please get a good burglar alarm instead.
Also, we will not allow our dogs to go to homes where they will live outside, as there is nothing so upsetting than to see a dog without human interaction, spending their days on the end of a chain or in a lonely kennel.
Unfortunately the branch cannot accept Staffordshire Bull terriers and their crosses directly from members of the public, only via RSPCA inspectors.